Monday, October 31, 2011

Weekly Post

Blah.
Ive finally got an enemy AI working. Our AI algorithms now work to have enemies follow along a path as long as all of the nodes of the path have the same name. The enemy shoots (still very buggy) and is at the point that it is very easy to modify. Unfortunately I'm the only who will touch the code so it's ease o use is irrelevant.
Once this AI is cleaned up and more functional then the rest should just be pretty easy code and behavior tweaks since all of the hard underlying systems will be in place.
The biggest issue right now is that Unity is not always working the same with every build. What I mean by this is that every time I click play whether I've changed code or not, the behaviors seem to change and I can't always be there whenever someone goes to work on the game so I'm stuck trying to figure out why Unity does this without the source to unity( which makes it more difficult).
I've realized that I keep trying to look at Unity from a C++ perspective, and trying to realize that Unity takes all control away from the programmer and does stuff I don't tell it to certainly makes it easier to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment