Thursday, September 15, 2011

Getting (re)Started

So today after the vagueness of our presentation of our game idea we decided to regroup and focus on the feedback that we have received in response to our idea.

What started out as a creepy 3rd person shooter will actually be turning into a creepy st person shooter. We have decided to revamp how the game works are instead of attacking demons and enemies, we are focusing on the survival aspect of the game and the point is now to survive until the end.

We found the mot interesting game aspect to be the element of light. We will be using light in the game in order to fend off demons and help you survive. We have also decided upon a second game mechanic which I think is actually pretty cool. The game now takes place in Hell and you are trying to fight your way out. On the way out of Hell, you see some souls that do not belong in Hell, and you can free these souls by "praying" for them. However when you pray for them, you are not able to defend yourself, leaving you open to attack. I think this presents an interesting decision for the player, do I remain selfish and only think of myself, I do I deny what I need(defending yoruself) for the sake of someone else.

Today we spent a lot of time thinking about and discussing oru ideas for reshaping what our game will end up being. We hope to have something very rough but playable by the time we re present our game Tuesday.

Currently I am working on fleshing out a schedule, programming the engine, and working with Scott and Alberto on level design. I am also working with Humberto on the art in order to bring everything together.

-- Kevin Forshey

1 comment:

  1. We really had something great going on here too. We can still make something awesome!

    ReplyDelete