Thursday, September 22, 2011

Weekly Blog Post

So far we have seemed to just be working on getting content and trying to think through how the game will end up.
This is very frustrating to me as I just want to code and make the game.  I am starting to worry about the performance able to be achieved with the Unity engine.  From a coding aspect I am finding the managed languages that Unity supports (c# and Java) to be a hug headache.  I guess maybe that comes from having learned C++ over 10 years ago back when that was the easy to learn language.  I am confident in my C# coding abilities but I feel that the lack of memory access will limit things greatly.
Now that I'm done complaining about Unity, I will say that I do like how you can be a completely illiterate idiot and still use Unity without tutorials.  That makes the process easier than it could be.
In the past week I put together a basic FPS skeleton that we are using for playtesting and getting things looking right.  In the next week I will be getting AI in place and have a better light effect working.
In about 2 weeks hopefully the game should be mostly done and we can playtest until perfection from there.

-- Kevin Forshey

No comments:

Post a Comment